Thursday, October 31, 2013

THE LAST DAY AT THE HOSPITAL

September 25, 2013

James 1:19-20
"Ye know this, my beloved brethren.  But let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God."

I had deleted much of what was said about this time.  My reason?  My heart perhaps was not in the right placement...due to this unforseen journey.  The many "questionable" parts in my new position were not yet answered.

There were 4 different doctors assigned to me during this hospital stay.  None of them were in total agreement of the diagnosis.  What type of tumor? Was it operable?  Did I have a TIA?  Was my heart working appropriately...perhaps I would need a pacemaker?  Was there a problem with my left carotid artery?  And on and on.

The nurses who attended me constantly, became my best answer to prayer.  Yes, I needed a second opinion...a good one! Where to go? Many alternatives were mentioned to us.  All of our children had come to be with us during this time.  We made lists and lists of the many places we could go.

Prayer is the placement He guides us through.  We prayed and the answer was, the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville,FL.  The person who had recommended this place had been my husband's manager.  There had been another one of Bob's co-workers who had needed this type of help.  Bob called and spoke with his friend before we prayed for the answer.

We made the necessary calls to our insurance company and PCP.  The first appointment was made with Dr. Tatum, the neurologist within the next few weeks at Mayo Clinic.  His Timing is everything...so we learned.




No comments:

Post a Comment