Thursday, October 31, 2013

A STAY AT THE HOSPITAL

September 25, 2013

Now all of my daughters were with us!  One had to fly from Virginia to be there, and later in the day she told me a new baby was on the way!  She knew I needed this information...to help me gain strength in this new journey.

I was attached to a heart monitor, an IV, and a few other mechanical pieces to follow my process.  Some drugs were given based on uncertain opinions.  I refused some of them, because they did not make any sense given the current information.

Again, the nurses were my mainstay, constantly asking me questions to be sure I was still able to "think" and speak properly now.  A physical therapist and speech therapist were sent for evaluations.  Everything was coming back to normalcy.  The one main agreement was that I had an epileptic seizure...probably focal.  The rest was still unknown.

Kathy, the lady I worked with daily showed for a visit.  She was quite concerned.  She said, Joan, you have never ever called in sick in all these 2 1/2 years we have worked together.  Yes, that is true, I really enjoyed my job working with her and the constant "newness" of each day.  We had many customers and vendors we dealt with in custom decorating.  Her job was a designer, mine was to calculate, communicate, and accommodate the process on our computer system first and then constantly update the status with all those involved.  Many interactions with so many people, and I loved it.

I had also worked part-time for a Dr. as his PCT on at least one Saturday or two a month.  The patients were so much a part of sharing my work, but also God's grace in caring for them.  I had also become an EKG teacher at a small institute for part-time evenings.  I love teaching!  The students were given as much information and directions needed to pass their license exams as I had.  So enjoyable!

So, now, God had given me a totally different journey...one that seemed so strange...who would have thought...a brain tumor????  No way...

Through my previous experiences He had brought me...I realized a new Purpose from Him was on the way...

I Peter 5:10 - 11 And the God of all grace, who called you unto His eternal glory in Christ, after that ye have suffered a little while, shall Himself perfect, establish, and strengthen you. To Him be the dominion for ever and ever. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment