Thursday, October 31, 2013

THE IN-BETWEEN TIMES...

Since this new part of my life's journey, there are several "helps" I have had along the way.  Most prominent is the Lord;

John 15:5

New International Version (NIV)
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

The VIP's, are my husband, Bob, my children, my parents, my siblings, my cousins, other family members, and my dear friends.  Without their support and prayers, my propelling movement would be much slower towards the goal of finishing this race.

I need to mention my job and therefore, my boss.  When my husband first contacted my boss, he alerted him to my being in the hospital and that tests were being performed.  After the surprise diagnosis, I contacted him  myself.  For over two years I had worked with this man and enjoyed my working days so very much.  The professional manner my boss dealt with on a day to day basis is remarkable.  I knew very little about his personal life, but that is the acceptable process, just the normal "conversational" chit chat that most people share.

There is an amazing part to this....my boss shared with me that his own father had been through this experience of having a brain tumor.  I do not believe in "coincidences", because I believe our purpose here is pre-destined by God.  All I can say is, "I am always amazed...but never surprised"!  Because of my bosses  own personal experience with his father, there is a complete understanding of this process that I need not explain constantly.  So; DONE; my FMLA leave has been activated without any specific issues.  

I have spent more time reading the Bible and praying.  My relationship with the Lord has been strengthened through all of this.  His constant reassurance has led me to remember that my time here is but a wisp, a vapor, and that someday I will be with Him in Heaven.  There is no fear in this aspect, I have known it for a very long time; my only concern is for those I would leave behind.  In the meantime, while I am still here, I have asked Him to guide me to share His message of Love and Hope and Salvation.

And then there is my "piece-o-me's" that I started years ago. Things that I wanted to make and share with those who are so precious in my life.  I like to quilt, write, and other certain crafts at times.  I love to share these pieces with as many as I can.

Admittedly, there are times that I just want to do nothing.  Just be.  My favorite time in these periods is to sit outside and enjoy the beauty of the sky, the stars, little creatures and thank God for the world around me.  

Communication has become a "huge" part of my life as well.  Knowing that my speech and hearing have been somewhat affected has drawn me closer to 'staying in touch' with those who I love and feel connected to.   Just saying hello to my neighbors or writing on my Facebook page has brought simple pleasures in each day.  

All and all through the waiting, the determined phrase I keep telling myself is:
He's Got This!







2 comments:

  1. Hi Joan, it's Jen from the cavernoma blog that you left a comment on. If you want, please Email me at j.saulovic@comcast.net. I'd be happy to share my experience with you and hope to offer you some comfort during this very stressful time. Our cavernomas are/were located in the same area, so our experiences are very similar. Would love to email or talk if you are up to it. Wish you all the best, Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jen,
      I am so glad to hear from you, will be in contact...thank you so much!

      Delete