Thursday, May 22, 2014

JOURNEY MATTERS



"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end."  Ernest Hemingway

These days, I am so missing Dr. Hanel.  I wish I had been able to contact him when I needed the second craniotomy.  My situation was such an emergency; it would have been impossible. 

Today was probably the last appointment with my ENT.   

He rechecked both of my ears and said they looked fine.  He asked me about the on-going tinnitus, the echo's and my heart beat I hear every now and again... His total observation is that my Mastoid is not affecting this IHCP for now.

He suggested hearing aids to help my hearing issues and tinnitus, otherwise, he told me to call him, if I had any irregularities.  Actually, this is the exact same thing I heard before about my hearing.

So, that is one less Dr. I have to see now.  Which is good.  Next week, I have an appointment with my Infectious Disease, in Sarasota.  This is for follow-up and to see how I am healing.  He had told me that there would be no way to tell if my infection is coming back...it is "idiopathic".  Laughing on this one!

In the meantime, the promise of my new grand-daughter's arrival this week, is erupting the awesomeness of life itself!
Little Lucy has been a blessing along this whole journey.  Since the first day I was at the hospital on September 24, 2013.....this new little life has brought me strength!  My daughter, Jenn had just found out about her pregnancy at the same time I was admitted to the hospital.

4:40PM - LUCY has arrived!!  My new grand-daughter is with us!  8lbs 5oz, and 21 inches!  She and my daughter, Jenn, are doing fine!  Always amazed...never surprised!

Through my continual search of information pertaining to IHCP, I found that there are several medical researches towards "rare" diseases in America.  One is Scripps, and another is NIH.  They actually call these "rarities", Orphan Diseases.  I have searched then for any pertaining to IHCP...and at this time, there are none active.

I shared this new information with Ray and Debbie.  Ray also has IHCP, and was diagnosed over 3 years ago.  We would really like to be in touch with more people who have this disease.  It is difficult...there are so few of us...many people want to remain "unknown" idiopathics.  We remain observant of their privacy.

Prayers are indwelling my heart... for our family and friends consistently.  Healing is an ongoing "inside/out" event.

Lamentations 3:21-23 NLT
"The faithful love of the Lord never ends! ...Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning."


   

No comments:

Post a Comment