Sunday, March 2, 2014

A LETTER FROM MAYO CLINIC...MY DR. RICARDO HANEL IS LEAVING...

Nathan_Greene-Be_Thou_my_Vision.jpg (874×1057)
"Be Thou My Vision" by Nathan Greene

I received a letter from the Mayo Clinic dated January 27, 2014...however, I received it, Friday, February 28, 2014.  It states:

Dear Mrs. Pfeiffer,
This letter is to let you know of a change in our health care team in the Department of Neurosurgery at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fl.

Dr. Ricardo Hanel, will be leaving Mayo Clinic to join another healthcare facility in Jacksonville, Florida and no longer providing care to patients at Mayo, effective March 14, 2014.

.....the remainder of the letter is to assure me that they will identify the most appropriate Neurosurgeon for my future care.

This past week through  ARC (Aphasia Recovery Connection), my friends and professionals discussed this topic....dealing with "stress" and how it affects our aphasia.  Is it allowable to be stressed as a Christian?  (It does show a lack of trust in God, but we are human, and He knows our hearts.) Dear Lord, forgive me...because when I received this letter.... I cried.  

IN HONOR OF THE "LIGHT" 
DR. RICARDO HANEL CARRIES 


Matthew 5:14-16

New International Version (NIV)
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others,that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

"By Dr. James E. Brenneman"

"You are the light of the world! There’s something about knowing who we are as declared so by Christ himself that can become one of the most liberating truths guiding our destinies wherever they take us. One of the great goals of almost any developmental theory, psychological quest, or religious aim begins with the discovery of knowing who we are, knowing our own identities. Who am I? Closely followed by “what is my mission, my purpose, my calling in life.”
.........................
I love the image that Jesus paints for his disciples back then and paints for us today. “You are the light of the world.” Period. Let’s not kill a great metaphor with a thousand qualifications; all the ways we know we are not “lights” or “couldn’t ever be lights” or “lesser lights in a relative bright context” and so on and so forth.
There are enough darkened and shadowed and sorrowful and hurting places in the world, and within each and every one of us, to know that the world needs you, the world needs us. We need more light among us. "

The wording above explains , "Jesus' gift of light"!  This is the vision God gave me of Dr. Hanel.  When he first held my hand and knew my pain...and wanted to use his God given "calling in life" to help me.  I am so humbled and thankful....God's amazing gift of a man who prayed with me..... before opening my brain....

There are so many people in this world who need Dr. Hanel.  I know that God is placing him where his "light" is needed the most.  I have and will continue to pray for this man's journey.  

On my last appointment with him, Dr. Hanel found out that I spoke some French, so his last question to me was "Tres bien?" and I replied smiling, "Oui!"  And we laughed!

Believing! The Lord brought Dr. Hanel to my life when needed...He will do it again...as needed.  

Philippians 4:6-7 
    Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (NIV)


1 comment:

  1. Someone asked me "why" Dr. Ricardo left Mayo Clinic. Do you know how often he had to go to Wolfson's Children's Hospital to care for the "little ones" who needed him? I knew that he did, because the staff would mention this now and again. How time consuming that probably became, not to mention inefficient. At Lyerly Neurosurgery he can stay in one "advanced" placement providing his patients with a higher excellence of care. And it is a perfect "win,win"! Thanks also to Baptist Medical Center for their great support within an arms reach!

    ReplyDelete