Thursday, February 27, 2014

SPEECH THERAPY


 I have had three appointments with my speech pathologist, Mary Spremulli, MA, CCC/SLP.  She is assisting me with my problems of "impaired prosody of speech" and "word retrieval".  Mary's professionalism and her great personality have been so beneficial.  

Through this short span of 3 weeks time, she has added so many helpful APPS, great homework assignments, and levels of growth planning for the next year.  In fact, I am completing a homework assignment with Mary, as I write this.  The assignment is to minimize the amount of words, and still get to the point.


To end this writing, I want to thank all of my family, friends, professionals, and our Lord for all of the continual healing and support.








1 comment:

  1. ok, Joan, I think you did a great job of "getting to the point" which is sometimes hard, particularly for storytellers and writers like you (and me). Topic establishment and topic coherence can often be difficult for persons recovering from aphasia but are really important for successful communication. You're doing great!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete