Thursday, June 5, 2014

REMEMBERING THEM.....

I Corinthians Chapter 13 ...helpful in so many ways...it is called the Love Chapter. Verse 13 "And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three, but the greatest of these is love."  Whether it is money, property, intellect, reading, writing, sports....love...if we do not share...it will become "dust" assuredly as our body.  




BETWEEN MOTHER'S DAY AND FATHER'S DAY...I REMEMBER THEM...

http://www.virtual-memorials.com/main.php?action=view&mem_id=5459&page_no=1
  The love of my mother, father, daughter, sister, and brother are still with me...even though they reside in Heaven.

There is a country song that I relate to, and listen to every now and again.  It is called "This Ain't Nothin" by Craig Morgan.  It is about an older gentleman whose house was destroyed by a tornado.  There is a plethora of "reporters" encompassing the area.  Compassion, yes, but still the mighty "roar" of  intensity, to make the news.  The gentleman compares this rubble to nothing...compared to the love of his dear wife, his brother, and his father.  Yes...I "get it"!
http://www.cmt.com/videos/craig-morgan/494013/this-aint-nothin.jhtml

When I was a volunteer for Tidewell Hospice, so many people did "get it"....and then there were others who just did not.  Did I really want them to???  Yes, for assured belief that there is more to life! More than "stuff you can't take with you" when your spirit moves on...eventually...everyone will.  I read to them.

I am reminded of a time when I was a bank manager. A very wealthy person requested that I add up all of their millions. They had wanted to impress me. This person came many times, adding more money each time. (Listening to this "idol" of gold ...my bold thought at the end was; ("Would you like me to write a bank check when you die and put it in your casket?")  

So, as I continue to review, research, and reside in this "idiopathic" place, the importance is just to share His love. Whether it be in support of those who are suffering, or helping others in healing. Through all of my sins and imperfections, I pray He will still use me.

I Corinthians Chapter 13 verses 1 -3
"If I speak in the languages (tongues) of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing."


http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=eng

2 comments: