Tuesday, June 17, 2014

FAMILY TO FAMILY....DR. RICARDO HANEL BROUGHT ME TO LUCY....THROUGH GOD'S GRACE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKXD4hndlWs
"O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him".Psalm 34:8





This photo is very special to me. The weekend we found out my mom had a brain tumor I told her grand-baby number six was on the way and due in May. My mom told her doctors she had needed to have her surgery and heal fast so she can meet her grand-baby. After nine months, two surgeries and still fighting her illness, she's made it to Richmond and holds her littlest grand-daughter for the first time in this photo. — Jennifer 

So says my daughter, above, to the "Miracle" in our lives!  Actually it was Dr. Ricardo Hanel who called me after my MRI on November 5, 2013 to say..."We need to remove the tumor, sooner than later."   And then I told Dr. Hanel about my new grand-baby who was coming...I needed to be here!

So very thankful for Dr. Hanel's "purpose in life" and the gifts God gave him.  Others before him had "ranked" it impossible...inoperable...that's why we call this a "miracle" in our family!  I am still here!

Through so many minutes, hours, days,weeks, and months...prayer upon prayer...His light shined through all that could have "darkened" this event.  And here we are!  Lucy was born on May 22, 2014!

That sweetness of "baby dew" was still on my cheek when the phone rang.  The sound of a well known voice, brought tears to my eyes.  Kim, Dr. Hanel's nurse, said my name.  I have missed her!  Closing my eyes, I still feel her hugging me after my brain tumor removal.

Kim had received my e-mail.  The content had expressed changes that occurred since Dr. Hanel had left Mayo Clinic.  I was unsure if he would still be able to help me with the new problems I now faced.  She was calling to say, she shared this e-mail with Dr. Hanel.  His response was for her to call and say...we are "family"...they will always take care of me.  And I sobbed...in comfort...

God's Grace is ever present.  I just need to come here and remember it often!!    

These wonderful moments ...His gifts of Family to Family!!



1 comment:

  1. Joan Pfeiffer (these are some of the best times of God's Grace!)

    ReplyDelete