Saturday, December 6, 2014

CHRISTMAS "DAYSPRING"



Luke 1:47 Mary says here, “And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior”.
And my heart took me to Luke 2:78 “Through the tender mercy of our God whereby the “dayspring” from on high hath visited us.”   Her “dayspring”, the light of day! Because then comes this:
Luke 2:79 “To give LIGHT to them that sit in darkness and in the “shadow of death” to guide our feet into the “WAY OF PEACE”.


It is said that Mary, the mother of Jesus sang a song in Glory to God for His Love to bring our Messiah to us, our blessed Redeemer, the Holy Son of God.  “The Magnificat” is how it is listed and was original in Greek, but became much better used in Latin music amongst those ‘gifted to harmony’.
          
Mary sang!  She sang although her life was now so changed, her journey had a new beginning. She sang from her heart of spirit again and again, and called herself His lowly servant. She knew one day, all generations would call her blessed.  She was!  She knew His Blessing to the World before everyone else on Earth! Can you imagine how beautiful her song was to Him? I cannot fathom the Magnificent Holy Love of her song to Him.
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior
for He has looked with favor on His lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed:
the Almighty has done great things for me,
and Holy is His Name.
He has mercy on those who fear Him
in every generation.
He has shown the strength of His arm,
He has scattered the proud in their conceit.
He has cast down the mighty from their thrones,

and has lifted up the lowly.  

He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich He has sent away empty.
He has come to the help of his servant Israel
for He has remembered His promise of mercy,
the promise He made to our fathers,

to Abraham and His children for ever.

There is a song "Mary Did You Know"?  

yes, Mary Knew!



No comments:

Post a Comment