Tuesday, April 29, 2014

CURRENT PLANNING...MORE RESEARCH ON IHCP

First and Foremost, my Easter Sunday this year...was one of the most notable of my life!  Not only did we celebrate Jesus' Resurrection and God's wonderful gift of eternal life...but my daughter, Sherry's birthday was also on this day!  It was a tremendous time of family enjoyment! 

I still have 3 more weeks to complete the antibiotic feature of 3 IV infusions per day.  The medication of Cefazolin 2gm is inserted into each "grenade".  The process is easy, and the timing has not been a huge issue!  My Infectious Dr. stated, then we need to look for any obtrusion within 30 days...10% of the patients have a recurring issue within this time frame....if not then...then the 90 day process includes an additional 3%.  I asked how will we know?  What signs are there?  He answered saying nothing specific, and a CT or MRI will not help.   


I think this will be perfect timing for me to go and see my new grandchild, right after the completion of my antibiotic regime.  I should be well enough to enjoy the time with my family!   I should also be well enough to attend my great nephew's graduation in May.  The real tricky time will be in July.  I am supposed to attend my sister's wedding at that time and celebrate my oldest daughter's birthday....the wedding is out of state....the birthday is local.  Praying this infection does not reoccur.

There is a couple in Tennessee that I met through the support group on-line for all Neuro issues.  Yes, one other person I know in the world who is also dealing with IHCP.  God truly knew that I needed them, we have become very close.  Deb and Ray are about the same age as Bob and I.  Ray has the disease, and Deb is his caregiver spouse.  Not long after my last craniotomy, Deb called me from their ER in TN.  Ray had become disoriented and lethargic with an extremely high ALT/AST reading.  His blood pressure was extremely low as well.  So, Deb was talking with an intern and asked if I would also talk to him.  I tried to help with what little I know, and explained a few things I knew about the MRI and the dura.  Not sure how much I helped, but am sure that Deb needed me, and I was thankful to be available.  Ray is getting better.

It is April 28th, I met with my new neurosurgeon.  He checked the incision area said that it is healing well.  We talked about the process of the infection and treatment.  My neurosurgeon says they can do some blood work to follow the actual healing process. 



Everyday, I am so thankful!  God's blessings are extensive!




No comments:

Post a Comment