Wednesday, February 12, 2014

TRACKS ON A CHRONIC SUBSTANCE

It is now approaching Valentine's Day and so much has happened since the last completed blog.
 More appointments, tests, and new alliances have been applied.

Existing issues:
Celiac Disease- gluten free diet
Focal epilepsy - treatment with Keppra
Hearing Loss,Sensorineural 
No driving permitted per Florida Law and epilepsy issues
Aphasia with limited speech issues and word memory problem
New MRI, CT, and bloodwork

There is a "grief process" when any immense changes arise of track changes on your "railway trail".  I look at the locomotive as my ongoing power to move forward and press on....and the caboose on my track with the efforts of remaining strong.  And in the middle...several types of needful cars, constantly requiring movement.  My journey here is committed to His purpose...the eternal ticket was purchased for me by my Savior.

The month of January covered the latest appointments. It was composed of follow-ups with my dearest of Dr's for confirmation of improvement, but also committment to discern the unknown.  A new Dr. was brought into my IHCP.  His understanding was not only professional but supportive.  After the composition of events and medical presented, he made a very important insight comment:

"We do not focus on the unknown... that is not the purpose of our Creation....when these situations occur...we just need to adapt." 

His statement moved my locomotive and gave me more energy than I had felt for awhile.  Yes, the focus needed altering..my grief was lessened and my adaptations looming ahead.

I received a very special gift from my siblings....a new IPad.  Little did I realize how valuable a tool this would become.  At first I thought, I already have my computer, but little did I realize the help of new APPS at that time.  My niece, has assisted me more than once in properly setting up my needs.  We have added word games, Lumosity, calendars, word notes to assist in my memory, and so much more.  Yes, a new cargo car has been added to my track.

Additionally, I have joined an Aphasia Support group, and now have my first Speech Pathology appointment tomorrow.  I have realized after discussion with my neurologist's nurse, how fortunate I am in all of this.  She was a bit harsh when she reminded me how many of their patients wish they could do the many things I am capable of doing.  I was properly admonished, lovingly and yet approachably.  

My guided train is on track today, and will continue to stay "full steam ahead".  The Lord is in constant contact with me to heal, and I will hear from those he has supplied for further treatment when it is His timing.  
A Promise from our Lord:
John 10:28-30
"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.  I and my Father are one."


No comments:

Post a Comment